JAMB CAPS Registration is the new JAMB Central Admissions Processing System (JAMB CAPS) on caps.jamb.gov.ng – Here is all you need to Accept and Reject Admissions.
New words from the Joint Admission and Matriculation boards have been quite rampant of recent.
Words like Jamb Regularization, How to check Jamb Results, Jamb efacility and now the JAMB CAPS. We’ve always been at the top of the discussion even as we deliberate all you need to know about the new JAMB CAPS here.
What is JAMB CAPS?
The question of the origin of the JAMB Caps would be a good starting point for all students who are just hearing about these or not yet fully familiar with these terms.
Ok, still strange we believe. Lets further break this down.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation boards have come up with a unified platform to process all admission procedures as it pertains all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria.
On the JAMB CAPS, students can accept admission offers, reject admission offers and perform many other functions as related to their Post UTME and Admission List.
Just like every processing structure, the fact that you reject an admission on the CAPS portal means that, other academic institution sees you as eligible for admission (if you meet the requirements)
The system according to a curriculum that was circulated by JAMB, the portal is more automated than manually handled and as such, it reduces the pressure on both the Institution and students at large in processing their admission.
How JAMB CAPS works?
JAMB acts as the central body that checkmates all admission procedures in the country, however, various institutions get to set their admission requirements on JAMB CAPS.
- JAMB is solely responsible for conducting the United Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME exams) and process the results which are then made available to all the applicable institutes.
- Once that is done, the various schools and institutions involved will upload their Admission requirements and criteria on JAMB CAPS portal.
- The aggregate results as pertain to various institutions are thus downloaded by their admission officers who performs Internal procedures of the admission and sends to the head of the Institute.
- Once the List are approved for admission, they are sent back to JAMB which is made available to Students on the JAMB CAPS portal.
- Prospective candidates of these Institutions can now ACCEPT or Decline the Provisional Admission they they have been offered by the platform for what so ever reasons best known to them
- When you accept an Admission on CAPS, you are automatically enrolled by the Institution (which is dependent on the criteria they set)
- However, when you decline an admission, your profile becomes automatically available to any other institution which believes you meet up their criteria.
How to Register for JAMB CAPS
By now, we believe you now know the importance of JAMB CAPS Registration and why you really need to register on the JAMB CAPS.
JAMB CAPS Registration is easily accessed when you create your JAMB profile. Here is how to create your JAMB Profile.
The above tutorials will give you all you need to know to create your JAMB profile as without that, you will not be able to Login to the JAMB CAPS portal as will be disclosed below.
Therefore, follow the procedure in the link above and create your comprehensive profile on JAMB. Remember, you are not to add any details that is untrue as you might not be able to change some sensitive details later on.
So, be as genuine with the registration as possible and ask questions where needed.
How to Login to JAMB CAPS
Login to the Joint Admission and Matriculation boards Central Admissions Processing System (CAPS) is quite easy when you get to understand the portal well.
There is less stress in registration.
All you need to Login to JAMB CAPS are highlighted below:
- Visit the official CAPS portal on http://caps.jamb.gov.ng/ and allow the page to load.
- Type in your username and your password (from the account you created on JAMB profile)
- Click Login and allow the Page to take you to the Admission System.
Benefits of using JAMB CAPS
There are numerous advantages presented to the general public as regards to the benefits of CAPS.
Below are some of the highlighted advantages while you can view the PDF file below from JAMB on the full details of CAPS Initiative.
One of the main benefits of the CAPS initiative is to enable Institutions to be subjected to a higher authority as it pertains students admission and protect students from the issues they faces in the hands of most Tertiary Institutions.
It is also worthy to note that, this initiative makes JAMB expand the possibilities and opportunities as regards admission for all prospective candidates of various institutions.
One of the significance of this move was to disallow the issue of a single candidate having multiple admissions by different institution while others that really require admission are left without admission.
Admission using the CAPS initiative from JAMB guarantees instant Admission which means, it cuts all the hassle involved in dealing with Faculty Officers by students and the issue of bribery.
How to check your Admission Status on JAMB CAPS?
Here are the simplified ways of checking your admission on JAMB CAPS for FREE!
STEP 1: Visit the CAPS portal as highlighted above on caps.jamb.gov.ng
STEP 2: Type in your USERNAME and PASSWORD to Login.
STEP 3: Once the page fully loads, click the Admission status and type in your Exam Number and year of the Exam.
STEP 4: Once you’ve typed in your correct details, click on VIEW ADMISSION to reveal your admission status.
That’s how to check your admission status on JAMB CAPS with help from Nigeria School News.